Retainer wear is as important as the orthodontic treatment. If retainers are not worn teeth will move
It is important to wear as instructed.
1. Full time wear for 3 months. They are to be removed for cleaning and eating only. They can be worn for sports unless you have a custom mouthguard which should be used instead.
2. Night time wear indefinitely. If you want to maintain the new position of your teeth, this is necessary. If lost, stolen or damaged a replacement fee will apply.
Any speech changes such as lisping will also go away after a few days.
Care and maintenance:
Remove retainers with both hands simultaneously wiggling out on each side.
Clean with cold water and a soft toothbrush (tooth paste as well if you’d like).
If there is a bad odour they can be soaked in Listerine (30 minutes) or Polident for Retainer cleaner.
When not being worn please keep safe in the container that is supplied.
- Keep away from pets and small children
- Keep away from heat such as hot water, direct sunlight, radiators as they will distort
- Inform us immediately if retainers are lost or damaged (applicable fees apply)
- Bring retainers to all appointments from here on out
- Leave on table when eating - they wil get thrown out!
- Put in your pocket without being in a container - they can easily be damaged!
Copyright © 2023 Molon Orthodontics - All Rights Reserved.
Serving Welland, Port Colborne, Fonthill, Wainfleet, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Stevensville and Wellandport, ON (Ontario) — Dr. J. Molon is your orthodontic specialist, offering Invisalign and braces for children, teens, and adults.
405 Thorold Road, Welland Ontario L3C 3W4, Canada